Sep 13, 2010

'I would, but I need the eggs.'

Remember this part of the final "Annie Hall" monolog?:
"This guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, 'Doc, uh, my brother's crazy, he thinks he's a chicken,' and uh, the doctor says, 'well why don't you turn him in?' And the guy says, 'I would, but I need the eggs.' Well, I guess that's pretty much now how I feel about relationships. You know, they're totally irrational and crazy and absurd and, but uh, I guess we keep going through it...because...most of us need the eggs."

I think this is a pretty accurate description of many a relationships, we, human beings, build for ourselves. Alas, not just romantic ones, but also friendships, business, parenting etc. We try to get those eggs anywhere we can - impeccable loyalty from friends, perfection from business partners, and sheer happiness from our children...

What do you think are the most “must have the eggs” relationships these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment